- This event has passed.
March 14 - March 16
The European Space Agency together with GEO, FAO and EU are organising the WorldCover 2017 Conference to be held at ESA/ESRIN, Frascati, Italy, on 14-16 March 2017.
The WorldCover 2017 Conference aims to provide scientists and users with the opportunity to present first-hand and up-to-date results from their on-going research and application development activities by using data from past and current satellites. The outcome of the conference will help to further shape the next generation of R&D activities in the frame of ESA Earth Observation Programmes.
The main objectives of the conference are:
- Listen and capture multi-user requirements (climate modellers, geographers, scientists, environmentalists) for high and low resolution
land cover mapping;
- Head towards the development of a Sustainable Operational System for Land Cover Classifications to meet the user’s needs;
- Follow on the previous successful experiences: IGBP-DISCover, GLC-2000, GlobCover 2005, GlobCover 2009, GlobeLand30, and CCI Land Cover;
- Produce a set of recommendations for the funding and implementation agencies;
- Establish a set of Research and Development activities to be carried out to meet the user requirements.
For further details and to submit your abstract, please visit the conference
website at: http://worldcover2017.esa.int
The deadline for abstract submission is 6 December 2016.
The notification of acceptances shall be sent out by end January 2017.
We look forward to welcoming you at ESRIN.